XJ Cherokee 2 Door Tube Doors Kit
This kit contains 1 1/2″ .083 ERW tubing and a piece of 1/2″ x 1 1/2″ flat stock to mount the tubes to.
The photo above is an ALMOST completed kit that has been welded together and attached to the flat stock steel. The doors in the picture still need to be gusseted to strengthen them. We plan on adding gussets to this kit, as soon as possible, that will weld near the hinge plates on the tubing.
Latches can be purchased separately that are strong, and specially designed to work with our doors.
AS ALWAYS FREE SHIPPING!!!
**To assemble the doors. THIS IS IMPORTANT!
1. Clamp the flat stock to the factory hinges, mark the holes, remove the flat stock and drill the holes. Then bolt the flat stock onto your hinges.
2. Take the main door hoop, that is the largest tube in this kit, and hold it up to the door opening, then trim the tube on the hinge end so that the opposite side of the tube lines up with the striker pin. Once trimmed, tack weld the main hoop to the flat stock. Be sure to measure the distance between that lower tube and your rocker so your door is parallel with the lower door opening.
3. Once that is done, take the top tube and trim the front of the tube where it goes to the flat stock. Once you have it fitting nicely tack weld that to the main tube and the flat stock.
4. Repeat the last process on the middle tube.
5. Once everything is tacked into place weld it up.
WARNING: On a vehicle with a unibody removing the stock doors can make the whole vehicle more flexible. Unless the unibody is strengthened or a roll cage is added the XJ may bend in half.
Weight is 40#.